zaterdag 23 mei 2009

life update

ok then. yesterday i told my boss at the bakery that i want to quit. my first month was a probationary period, and i'm taking advantage of the opportunity to end it at that. its just not worth it to me to work so hard, for so many hours, for so little pay. so ive been looking into other possibilities that pay better and schedule their employees for more humane hours. but i'm still scheduled for another week and a half at the bakery, unless she's able to find someone to cover my shifts sooner.

but, ive made a decision on where i'll be living next! my good friend, iris, whom i studied with, just got a great apartment through the social housing system in place here, (check out this story in the NYTimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/magazine/03european-t.html ) and she gets to move in on june 1st. that just so happens to be when i need to move out of my place now. her boyfriend is eventually going to move in with her, but he's still doing an internship in new york for another 6 months, so she asked me to live with her until then. its a recently renovated apartment on the top floor of a building right in the center of the city, with an attic and a terrace/balcony. i think it'll be great, although since its recently renovated, its also completely empty and will take some investing on her part to make it nice. but i look forward to the months ahead there.

1 opmerking:

  1. So Cool. I hope to come see you soon! Things are coming together with the house and hope to post pictures soon. I miss you and love you and hope you find a better job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen